Home | Research | Delivery | Empennage | Wings | Fuselage | Finish | Engine | Electrical | GRTDecode

Tue 20 June 2006

Early morning - cold but dry outside, everything works and the GPS2 is seeing enough sat's to get a good position / information. One more piece of the puzzle.....
Continuing with the inlet diffuser, I've decided it is strong enough and it is smoothing and finishing needed. Micro-balloons, mainly on the inner surface, plus some straight resin in a few areas that were lacking.
I ended up with too much mico-balloons so I filled the ends of the counter-balanaces on the elevators.
Then whilst things were curing (slowly due to the cold) I returned to RHS inlet. With the lower cowl re-mounted, using the long version of the 4" tube, I remade the support brackets (multiple times).
Final solution ready for plaster of paris.
Carl Morgan