Home | Research | Delivery | Empennage | Wings | Fuselage | Finish | Engine | Electrical | GRTDecode

Fri 10 March 2006

Sorted the brake lines, not tightened for final fitting yet, but at least all the lengths and couplings are sorted.
Dad swapped out the VANs AN4-12A for new AN4-13A along the top of the spar. The original bolts were very marginal in length, something we had orderd a while back but not completed yet.
I spent a large chunk of the afternoon looking at the installation of a simple cam lock for the canopy locking mechinism. This is the locked / closed position.
and this the open / unlocked. The key is to find a location for the 3/4" skin hole where the two lock positions don't interfere with mechinism.
With a stiffener bracket and a 3/16" spacer the solution is getting there. The final spacer bush for the cam arm can be sorted later, I need to do a little more and then it is ready for spraying. We have a number of bits ready for paint, but the weather is helping just at the moment.
Carl Morgan