Mon 13 November 2006
|Dad continued with the firewall bulkhead connector for the Oil Pres / Temp sensors. Following the principle used everywhere else nutplates were sorted. We currently have no nuts on the firewall bolts / screws - nutplates everywhere (Thanks to Gary Sobek for this pointer way back when...)
|After some more thought, Dad reterminated the solder connections, this helps reduce some of the excess cable and also added some heat shrink in a couple of areas.
|I worked on the PTT connections and various tieing.
|I removed the left tray and drilled / fixed the WingWag and fuel pump relay.
|Dad managed to find some local spades that have the barbs on the back. The alternator connectors could then be completed.
|I've been trying to sort locations for all the electronics boards, I was hoping the right hand tray would be big enough but not so. The new plan is to mount the dimmer controls on the LHS behind the MFDs.
|Then after some testing / learning, power and ground cabling. We were going to use a seperate switch control for the dimmers, but the minimum load is only about 30mA so I've decided to just tag the dimmers onto the nav lights switch.