Home | Research | Delivery | Empennage | Wings | Fuselage | Finish | Engine | Electrical | GRTDecode

Wed 06 June 2007

Dad worked on the fuel pump overflow - we have decided to vent in the center of the cowl, rather than outboard.
Finished component to be mounted up later.
I prep'd for fibreglass work - the oil dipstick door needs riveting.
The FAB went together very well and seems to have come out fine. After looking at / working on the slightly over simple alternate door I'm begining to come round to the design.
I tried a layer of flox to provide additional support - but it just generated a big mess. Ended up cleaning and soaking the latches in acetone to undo it and recover the components.
Also added a layer of 2oz glass over the rudder cable inlet.
Carl Morgan